Regathering with Suggested Precautions April 2023
Saint John’s has returned to having in-person services and masks are now optional. The service is also broadcast via Zoom for those who cannot join us in person.
What precautions are we currently taking?
- We encourage our visitors to be vaccinated and to stay home if they are feeling ill. Masks are optional in the church and we continue to welcome their use and will provide upon request.
- Entrance and Exit – The entrance to the garden will be through the gate to the ramp on Julian Avenue and the exit will be through gates with the steps on Julian Avenue. The ramp will be available for both entrance and exit for folks who need that accessibility.
- If you are feeling unwell, please consider joining us by Zoom. We have worked diligently to make this an experience as close as possible to being in the sanctuary.
- We will have hand sanitizer and masks available.
- Passing the Peace – We will be passing the Peace and also encouraging you to make a sign of reverence to each other at the end of the service.
- Offering Collection – We strongly encourage that you continue to make your donation online or by mail. To donate, go to https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/saintjohnsf. Cash and check donations will be accepted, however, if you wish to donate on Sunday.
- Hospitality – We will be offering food and coffee after the service in the garden for our traditional coffee hour, and we encourage you to join in fellowship either via Zoom opportunities listed on our website or come by and fellowship with folks at the Gubbio Project, Monday through Friday, until 2pm, in the garden.
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms will be available.
- Cleaning and Setup – The bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before service and afterwards. The chairs will be sanitized. The church is cleaned daily (Mon through Fri) by the Gubbio Project and a deep clean by a professional company once a month.
- Eucharist – Eucharist of the bread and wine is available, with the option of small individual cups for wine or the common cup.
- Priest will sanitize hands before the liturgy of the table and will distribute the bread.
What can you do in the meantime?
- We encourage everyone to get vaccinated and get your booster.
- Please wash your hands frequently.
- Do your best self-care. Focus on quality rest, nutrition and interpersonal connection. Move regularly and take breaks when you can.
- Pray with us. Join us on Zoom for fellowship and prayer opportunities throughout the week. We offer a sung Compline Service Sunday’s at 7:30 pm and other online services throughout the week. Go to saintjohnsf.org to connect and find more information.
- Donations can be made by going to https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/saintjohnsf
- Contact us. Feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns or prayer requests. You can email us at email@example.com