Regathering with Additional Precautions January 2022
Saint John’s has returned to having in-person services, although with additional precautions. The service is also broadcast via Zoom.
What precautions are we currently taking?
- We ask that all visitors be vaccinated and masks must be worn in the church.
- Entrance and Exit – The entrance to the garden will be through the gate to the ramp on Julian Avenue and the exit will be through gates with the steps on Julian Avenue. The ramp will be available for both entrance and exit for folks who need that accessibility.
- If you are feeling unwell, please consider joining us by Zoom.
- PPE – We will have hand sanitizer and masks available. We will ensure that everyone is masked at all times.
- Seating – We encourage each household to socially distance from other households.
- Congregation will be allowed to sing, masked.
- Passing the Peace – We will be passing the Peace by encouraging you to do elbow shakes, bowing, etc and not shaking hands or hugging.
- Offering Collection – We strongly encourage that you continue to make your donation online or by mail. To donate, go to https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/saintjohnsf. Cash and check donations will be accepted, however, if you wish to donate on Sunday.
- Hospitality – We will not be offering food or coffee after the service. In lieu of our traditional coffee hour, we encourage you to join in fellowship either via Zoom opportunities listed on our website or come by and fellowship with folks at the Gubbio Project, Monday through Friday, until 2pm, in the garden.
- Fellowship – Socializing outside within the acknowledged guidelines will be allowed.
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms will be available.
- Cleaning and Setup – The bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before service and afterwards. The chairs will be sanitized. The church is cleaned daily (Mon through Fri) by the Gubbio Project and a deep clean by a professional company once a month.
- Eucharist – Eucharist of the bread only will be offered and safety protocols will be established.
- Priest will consecrate communion 6 feet away from the bread.
- Priest will sanitize hands before the liturgy of the table and will distribute the bread.
What can you do in the meantime?
- Get vaccinated and get your booster.
- Wear a mask, practice social distancing, avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and wash your hands frequently.
- Do your best self-care. Focus on quality rest, nutrition and interpersonal connection. Move regularly and take breaks when you can.
- Pray with us. Join us on Zoom for fellowship and prayer opportunities throughout the week. We offer a sung Compline Service Sunday’s at 7:30 pm and other online services throughout the week. Go to saintjohnsf.org to connect and find more information.
- Donations can be made by going to https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/saintjohnsf
- Contact us. Feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns or prayer requests. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org